Monday 9 December 2013

The Realization and the Kite

Theories doesn't matter.

When it comes to practical life, and finally when the chances come up to actually put them up to some use, the theories doesn't help much. My 10 year old cousin turned out to be a better in aerodynamic design than me, who had long years of studying physics and ended up now as an engineering student.

The curiosity with which he was explaining to me how to make the kite, how it works, and many aspects of what will happen if we do something wrong, it all actually made me think more..
The long lines of theories, the Bernoulli's theorem, when it actually came to something that matters, something very trivial, all the chunks of theoretical knowledge went to the rubbish pile.

I got very much reminded of the all time hit movie 3 Idiots.
"Beta kaabil bano kabil, kaamiyabi tumhare peeche aayegi.."
Obviously a must see movie for all engineering geeks to open up the eyes that are tightly closed by the universities towards the endless arena of practical knowledge..



Its the whole system that needs a transition.
The whole study-from-the-text system needs to undergo inspection and get transformed into a better one, that gives more chances to think and experiment, and actually do something practically that applies the long lines of theory that has to be learnt to be able to pass the examinations.In the present scenario, even a person with a lot of dreams and innovation, after the long years of absolute theory, will get deprived of all the passion.

Even in these lines, I raised many tantrums against the system, but the little child's words led me to a realization - What the hell am I doing for the improvement that I look forward to?
Not so early, not so late - this realization is going to be a pretty useful one.

Knowledge is power, and that what one needs to have to be successful in life, and to be always ahead.
And to put it into some use, a mindset to experiment is what is needed. Read more, think more and put what you gain into something useful, creative and innovative. For people who have a passion about I.T its going to be a bit more easy I guess. More because, almost everything is 'soft' over there. To experiment and to try making something new, isn't that hard. But there is no chance of an improvement, without that extra bit of effort, which you have to put in.


When the realization struck from within, without any 'external unbalanced force', it actually struck! And I'm going to start putting it into action to keep up my paces towards my passion, to be better in what I want to be.

Thanks to my little cousin for the beautiful kite that he made and gave me. It flied to great heights, which was quite unexpected.. Had a great day, enjoyed with him and we had a look at it with lots of elation as our kite soared high.

And my treasured realization safe deep inside..

No comments:

Post a Comment